FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE - mail/milter-manager broken

Leander Schäfer info at netocean.de
Mon Mar 19 19:46:08 UTC 2018

Alright, but how am I going to tell my poudriere to build this specific port ‘mail/milter-manager‘ with the specific ‘lang/ruby25‘ without forcing all the other ports to be built with ‘lang/ruby25‘. This far I‘m only aware of using

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ruby=2.5

in the /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/repo-make.conf

unfortunately enforcing it this the global way, ruby 2.5 will break other ports being built in this repo and not harmonize as desired. I was hoping for something oldschool like in poudrier's /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/repo-make.conf:

.if ${CURDIR:M*/ports/mail/milter-manager}
    DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ruby=2.5
.endif

Any clue how this is done with poudriere?

Best regards,
Leander

Am 19.03.18 um 02:07 schrieb Kenji Okimoto:
> You cannot use milter-manager with Ruby 2.4.3.
> It's known issue. It has been fixed in Ruby 2.5.0 and https://github.com/ruby/ruby/tree/ruby_2_4
> If you want to cherry-pick the patch see https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/3d4a397354fd8d27c5eb91ca5c3bd7afe9b11af0#diff-7875e170ada1a2b62a8c8798729afa11
>

> ---
>
> ** [bugs:#7] Segmentation fault (core dumped)**
>
> **Status:** open
> **Group:** v1.0_(example)
> **Created:** Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 AM UTC by Leander Schäfer
> **Last Updated:** Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 AM UTC
> **Owner:** nobody
>

> Execution of milter-manager binary results in a Segmentation fault (core dumped).
> OS: FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE
>
> pkg info milter-manager
> milter-manager-2.0.7_1
> Name           : milter-manager
> Version        : 2.0.7_1
> Installed on   : Sun Mar 18 11:12:56 2018 CET
> Origin         : mail/milter-manager
> Architecture   : FreeBSD:11:amd64
> Prefix         : /usr/local
> Categories     : ruby mail
> Licenses       : GPLv3, LGPL3, GFDL, AGPLv3
> Maintainer     : ports at FreeBSD.org
> WWW            : http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/
> Comment        : Super milter that can invoke several milters selectively
> Options        :
> 	DOCS           : on
> 	EXAMPLES       : on
> Shared Libs required:
> 	libintl.so.8
> 	libglib-2.0.so.0
> 	libgobject-2.0.so.0
> 	libgmodule-2.0.so.0
> 	libruby24.so.24
> 	libgthread-2.0.so.0
> 	libev.so.4
> 	libunwind.so.8
> Shared Libs provided:
> 	libmilter-core.so.0
> 	libmilter-server.so.0
> 	libmilter-client.so.0
> 	libmilter-manager.so.0
> 	libmilter.so.1
> Annotations    :
> 	repo_type      : binary
> 	repository     : FreeBSD
> Flat size      : 4.66MiB
> Description    :
> milter manager protects you from spam mails and virus mails effectively
> with milter. milter manager has embedded Ruby interpreter to control
> milters flexibly.
>
> WWW: http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/
>

> ---
>
> Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in <https://sourceforge.net/p/milter-manager/bugs/7/>

Am 19.03.18 um 08:35 schrieb Kurt Jaeger:

Hi!

> I'm most certain you did, but just to be safe: are you sure you used the
> updated version 2.1.1 / patch from Yasuhiro? Cause the changes of
> Yasuhiro did not reflect for my poudriere when it pulled the latest
> ports tree. If you applied the changes manually to your poudriere, how
> did you do this?

I have a svn checkout of the ports, updated that version, then
copied the milter files to the poudriere ports tree I use
to do testbuilds.

The build version was used to upgrade a testbox:

pkg info  | grep milter
milter-manager-2.1.1   Super milter that can invoke several milters selectively

-- pi at opsec.eu +49 171 3101372 2 years to go !