Removing git dependencies on perl5 and python27

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Sun Jun 17 09:42:54 UTC 2018

From: Joseph Mingrone <jrm at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: Removing git dependencies on perl5 and python27
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 05:59:46 -0300

> Mahmoud Al-Qudsi <mqudsi at neosmart.net> writes:
>> Do you know what features python unlocks?
> I am not sure, but grepping gives some hints.

>From /usr/ports/devel/git/Makefile
OPTIONS_DEFINE= GUI SVN GITWEB CONTRIB P4 CVS HTMLDOCS PERL ICONV CURL \
		SEND_EMAIL NLS PCRE SUBTREE
OPTIONS_DEFAULT=	CONTRIB P4 CVS PERL GITWEB ICONV CURL SEND_EMAIL PCRE \
			SUBTREE

(snip)

CONTRIB_DESC=	Install contributed scripts
P4_DESC=	Enable Perforce support

(snip)

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MP4} || ${PORT_OPTIONS:MCONTRIB}
USES+=          python
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-python=${PYTHON_CMD}
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-python
.endif

So python is required

* To use some of contributed scripts.
* To import from and submit to Perforce repositories.

I'm not sure if P4 option should be enabled by default. But I think it
is incosistent that default valued of P4 options is on while that of
SVN options is off.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA