Visual Studio Code on FreeBSD / port request

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Jun 4 18:05:56 UTC 2018

Carmel NY wrote on 2018/06/04 17:41:
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:51:31 +0200, Miroslav Lachman stated:
>
>> Does somebody successfully run Visual Studio Code on FreeBSD?
>> https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode
>> I know my friends are running it on Ubuntu but I didn't found any
>> references how to run it on FreeBSD desktop.
>>
>> Miroslav Lachman
>

> You might try these URLs and see if it helps:
>
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/visual-studio-code.62542/
> https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-ubuntu-fedora-linux-installing-visual-studio-code/
> https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/freebsd/

Thank you for the links.
According to forum it seems there are some problems with dependencies -
they are not built for FreeBSD.
I tried to unpack the archive (Alternate install method from
cyberciti.biz) but Linux version cannot be run on FreeBSD

./VSCode-linux-x64/code
./VSCode-linux-x64/code: error while loading shared libraries:
libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Miroslav Lachman