Battle for wesnoth

David Marec david.marec at davenulle.org
Tue Jul 3 21:39:11 UTC 2018

Hello,

Some days ago, the port games/wesnoth was removed from my poudriere
builds, because of boost libraries mismatches I guess.

So that, I decided to port a newer version of the game (1.14.%) to
FreeBSD. If the port "works for me", it 'be better to provide a
port-tree compliant installation.

If I'm running FreeBSD for years, it's the first time I am writing a
Makefile for the port tree.

Thanks to the porters-handbook, (and the original wesnoth Makefile)
I was able to write a Makefile and provides a couple of patches.
One can find the files below:
https://gitlab.com/TurtleCrazy/wesnoth_1_14_freebsd

Now, as a beginner, I have some questions regarding the Makefile to be
included in the port tree.

First, the CMake file provides one option to disable the installation of
the game itself.
This might be use to run game servers only. It also avoid the
installation of SDL2 libs.
This option was not defined on the previous port, so I wonder if there
is a need for it.

It could be done by adding  the following lines:

GAME_DESC=    The game client
GAME_CMAKE_OFF=-DENABLE_GAME=off
GAME_USE_SDL= image2 mixer2 net2 ttf2 sdl2

Second, the pkg-plist is missing. - what makes poudriere testport to
fail. -

I did not find suitable information in the handbook that explains
how to fill it. Any clue may be helpful.

Next, some sets of options requires additional boost libraries.
as
* unit_test_framework
* iostreams program_options regex system thread random

The Makefile need some reworks to allow fine-grained  dependencies

Finally, what about the entry name in the port tree ?

Feel free to correct the code, moreover: be "-pedantic".

regards,

--
David Marec
https://lapinbilly.eu/