daily security run output and joomla3

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Jan 28 16:51:26 UTC 2018

Carmel NY wrote on 2018/01/28 11:59:
> FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-p6
>
> I have "www/joomla3" installed and working fine. Part of the configuration
> routine is the removal of the "installation" directory in joomla3 when it is
> configured. This is done as a security feature and joomla3 advertises that it
> will not run if that directory is present.
>
> The problem comes when the periodic daily security script activates. It
> reports the following:
>
> Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
> joomla3-3.8.3: missing file /usr/local/www/joomla3/installation/COPYRIGHT
> joomla3-3.8.3: missing file /usr/local/www/joomla3/installation/CREDITS
> joomla3-3.8.3: missing file /usr/local/www/joomla3/installation/INSTALL
> joomla3-3.8.3: missing file /usr/local/www/joomla3/installation/LICENSES
> {There are dozens more entires. I truncated the list to save space}
>
> Is there anything I can do to eliminate this useless chatter? Maybe someway I
> can create a new checksum that would not upset the system to radically?

You can try "pkg check -r", see man pkg-check

      pkg check -r or pkg check --recompute recalculates and sets the
checksums
      of installed packages.  This command should only be used when the
admin-
      istrator has made modifications that invalidate a package checksum.
      Spontaneous checksum problems can indicate data or security problems.

Miroslav Lachman