pkg search dependency tree

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Sun Jan 14 10:15:37 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:38:20 +0000
matthew at FreeBSD.org wrote:

> On 12/01/2018 11:09, Marko Cupać wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to get dependency tree from pkg search?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >

> This is usually done by:
>
>     pkg query -e '%a == 0' %o
>
> which gives you the list of packages on your system, excluding those
> that were automatically installed to fulfil dependencies.  ie. it's
> basically the collection of packages where you said 'pkg install foo'
> at some point.

Hi,

I got off-list reply on how to achieve this with locally installed
packages, by using `pkg prime-origins', which is apparently an alias to
the command you suggested.

It will solve my problem, as I have no more than 20 servers using this
repo, I just need to run the command on all of them and uniq the output.

But it would be nice if I could do this for all the packages in repo,
and not just for packages installed locally on each server.

Best regards,
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/