Mono 5.2 patch and DotNet Core 2 update

Romain Tartière romain at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 10 18:43:29 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:55:45AM -0800, Russell Haley wrote:
> I'm getting size and checksum errors for the file
> dotnet-roslyn-322bd5b_GH0.tar.gz. This shouldn't be an issue: I
> changed the size of the file in distinfo from 22058493 to the actual
> size I received of 22058637 in order to make it build. My expectation
> is that I should then run make checksum to fix the distinfo file
> correctly. I run sudo make checksum and the target goes into an
> infinite loop downloading the file, deciding it doesn't match the
> checksum and then downloading it again. WTH?

Since there are checksums, the ports systems must be checking them when
downloading…  and since the checksum does not match, the download is
assumed to have failed…  I guess you can solve this chicken-and-egg
problem, vy simply removing the existing distinfo file.

The actual files checksums will then be written to distinfo. You can
`svn diff` to confirm only the expected files have been touched ;-)

Regards,
Romain

--
Romain Tartière <romain at FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)