All those notes...

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 7 22:40:05 UTC 2018

On Monday,  8 January 2018 at  8:48:04 +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what happened since my last weekly "pkg update" etc but
> it sure got busy:
>
>      Checking for upgrades (198 candidates): 100%
>      Processing candidates (198 candidates): 100%
>      The following 110 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

> This was accompanied by zillions of notes, warning me to "do this" and
> "avoid doing that" etc.  Err, were those notes squirreled away somewhere,
> or do I have to hope that I don't lose the window and its scrollback
> buffer?

I pipe the output of pkg to a file.  It's worth the trouble.  I don't
know any other way to keep track of what this particular instance did.
The notes themselves are in the pkg-message file for the individual
ports.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.