6100 subdirectories in /usr/ports/devel!

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Mon Feb 19 17:01:51 UTC 2018

On 02/19/2018 11:25 AM, Dan Mahoney (Gushi) wrote:

> Several of the CPAN modules currently around today don't compile cleanly
> under FreeBSD, but nobody cares because they just use the package which
> has the additional patches.

Do you have a list of those CPAN modules which don't compile cleanly on
FreeBSD?

Have bug tickets been open for those problems?

Speaking as a longtime CPAN contributor and as a recent FreeBSD ports
contributor, I'd like to see what can be done to maintain quality in
both archives.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan