Error 8192 with phpldapadmin

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 7 23:41:25 UTC 2018

On 07/02/2018 21:09, Carmel NY wrote:
> Name           : phpldapadmin
> Version        : 1.2.3_7,1
>
> Name           : php72
> Version        : 7.2.2
>

> Recently, "phpldapadmin" has started throwing an error message as
> shown below:
>
> Unrecognized error number: 8192: Function create_function() is deprecated
>
> How can I go about correcting this error? Googling did not reveal a
> positive method.

The phpldapadmin codebase has not seen significant work for some years
now.  This is a symptom of that neglect -- the code has not been adapted
to upstream changes in php.  At the moment despite being self-described
as an 'error', this is really no more than a warning, and you can pretty
much ignore it for now.

You might have a better experience with web2ldap:

https://www.web2ldap.de/web2ldap.html

which I have heard good things about, although I have not used it myself.

	Cheers,

	Matthew