Maia Mailgaurd / PHP 7 support

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Dec 30 01:16:21 UTC 2018

Janketh Jay wrote on 2018/12/30 01:03:
> Hi All,
>
> On 03/12/2018 2:17 pm, Reko Turja via freebsd-ports wrote:
>> Hello Janky Jay!
>>
>> -----Original Message----- Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 4:17 PM
>> Subject: Re: Maia Mailgaurd
>>
>>> Okay. No sweat. I'll work on getting a port patch going as that seems
>>> it would be the easiest way to push this out. I'll provide a download as
>>> soon as I have something available for testing.
>>
>> Sounds good, thank you for your work on ports!
>>
>> -Reko
>>

>        So, after a bit of testing (and not being able to update the port
> for PHP7 due to Smarty issues), below is a simple patch that will keep
> the current port version of Maia (1.0.4_3) working with PHP7 (testing
> with PHP 7.2). Please let me know if this does not work or if there is
> anything else that needs to be added or changed. Hopefully, I'll get the
> Smarty issue(s) sorted out soon and have a new port submitted.

[...]

>        Also, if you're interested in seeing/testing the new port (from
> the latest Github commit for technion's maia_mailguard), you can
> download the patch from the link below [1] and let me know if it's
> successful for you. Everything seems to work except for the WebUI due to
> a fatal call to Smarty which I cannot figure out (I'm not a PHP
> developer). However, once that is sorted, I should be ready to submit
> the new port so Maia can be updated to the latest version.

I forgot about this in my previous message - I guess there is an old
version of Smarty not supporting PHP 7. It would be probably better to
replace it with newer version of Smarty with PHP 7 support but there can
be some syntax changes in Smarty config / initialisation. I remember
something about it about a year ago when I was upgrading one of our own
(very old) project to newer Smarty templates. There are some differences
between Smarty 2 and Smarty 3. But as I read now on their website, the
latest Smarty 2 version 2.6.31 supports PHP 7.2 so it should be painless
to replace old noncompatible version with this one.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman