Question regarding diffs of ports that need UIDs and GIDs

Michael Chiu null.yuuji at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 17:41:28 UTC 2018

Hi!

I’m creating a port which required to create a UID and GID to set the right permission of files and to lower the permission when the program start as daemon. I followed the Porter’s Handbook which mentioned how to create .diff files for the port.

However, it does not mention anything about what porter should do when the UIDs and GIDs files were modified.

Should I create a single .diff file which contains both changes to the port and UIDs/GIDs files, or if I should create 3 diff files, one for the port, one for the UIDs and one for the GIDs?

Michael.