security/clamav-milter fails to compile (preliminary patch included)

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sat Dec 22 22:50:33 UTC 2018

Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu at utahime.org> wrote:

> Thank you for checking patch. Then I'll submit this patch to
> Bugzilla. I may take for a while but will be committed to ports
> repository.

Thanks.

"One more thing" ;-)

Your patch will work, and thinking about the maturity of libmilter, your patch will be an appropriate one.

I am thinking about a more "future safe" solution for security/clamav-milter:

	#) add an OPTION to security/clamav-milter's Makefile whether to use libmilter from base or ports
	#) make the default to use port mail/libmilter
	#) because the latter will allow to automatically follow newest developments of libmilter and clamav ports

Don't get me wrong, you are the maintainer, thus, it is completely up to you!

Thanks again and kind regards,
Michael