security/clamav-milter fails to compile (preliminary patch included)

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sat Dec 22 21:20:08 UTC 2018

Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu at utahime.org> wrote:

> From: Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org>

>> See my last mail. I do not have sendmail compiled for base, thus I am lacking libmilter.so.X in my poudriere jail.
>> Yes, that is non-default ;-) My port has default settings.
>
> Sorry, I read only first mail.

No need to be sorry, really.

> Then I have another question. Does build of security/clamav, master
> port of security/clamav-milter, also fail on your environment?

If I do set the option to create the milter interface (sp?) in security/clamav I do run into the same error "Cannot find libmilter".

I didn't try to build security/clamav without milter support, though. Due to obvious reasons, because I do need the milter support for postfix.

BTW: Please have a look at the mail/spamass-milter port. This port builds against the libmilter port as well.

Thanks and regards,
Michael