Updating perl

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 14 12:04:33 UTC 2018

On 14/12/2018 10:44, Carmel NY wrote:
> Using poudriere, I attempted to update my system to the new "perl 5.28". I
> made the necessary changes in the "make.conf" files and then attempted to run
> poudriere. At the very beginning of the run, poudriere issued a warning that
> "security/py-certbot | py36-certbot-0.29.1_1,1" failed. This is from the end
> of the log file:

> =======================<phase: patch          >============================
> ===>  Patching for py36-certbot-0.29.1_1,1
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for py36-certbot-0.29.1_1,1
> Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
> 2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to certbot/compat.py.rej
> => FreeBSD patch patch-certbot_compat.py failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/security/py-certbot
> =>> Cleaning up wrkdir
> ===>  Cleaning for py36-certbot-0.29.1_1,1
> build of security/py-certbot | py36-certbot-0.29.1_1,1 ended at Fri Dec 14
> 05:35:15 EST 2018 build time: 00:00:05
> !!! build failure encountered !!!
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah -- I just committed the fixes for py-certbot for which you had been
testing.  What was committed was very slightly different to the patch
you tested.

You're seeing some sort of mismerge in your ports tree there.  You
should be able to fix it by:

   cd ${PORTSDIR}/security/py-certbot
   svn revert -R .

and then try rebuilding.  That is assuming you have the ports tree
checked out of SVN. Use something like 'git reset --hard' if you're a
git user.  Anything else, I don't actually know, but the main aim would
be to get rid of any local changes and resynch to the primary repository
contents.

	Cheers,

	Matthew