getting PKGNAME from CONFLICTS

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Aug 14 17:54:01 UTC 2018

I am in the process of adding FreshPorts support for CONFLICTS[1].

I reference www/p5-CGI only because it had a recent commit and it contains a CONFLICTS directive.

At https://dev.freshports.org/www/p5-CGI/ you can see:

    CONFLICTS: p5-CGI.pm-[1-3]*

My goal is to allow a link to the search page or to the page for that port.

The CONFLICTS field is a 'A list of package name patterns'[2]

I interpret this to mean the values returned by make -V PKGNAME and the documentation[3] indicates this is correct.

Thus, the CONFLICTS matches https://dev.freshports.org/www/p5-CGI.pm [4]

To extract the PKGNAME values from the CONFLICTS I will need to remove everything after the trailing dash.

Can someone do me up a regex for that please? regex is a weak point for me. Or point me into the Mk infrastructure to locate an existing solution.

Thank you.

refs:

[1] - https://github.com/FreshPorts/freshports/issues/84
[2] - https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/Mk/bsd.port.mk?view=markup#l436