/usr/ports/devel/powerpc64-gcc/Makefile : armv7 too vs. only armv6 and aarch64 for CXXFLAGS=-fbracket-depth=512 ?

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 1 20:35:26 UTC 2018

On 7/28/18 1:24 PM, Mark Millard wrote:
> Is armv7 really distinct from armv6 and aarch64 for the below?
>
> .if ${TARGETARCH} == "armv6" || ${TARGETARCH} == "aarch64"
> . if ${COMPILER_TYPE} == clang
> MAKE_ARGS+=CXXFLAGS=-fbracket-depth=512
> . endif
> .endif
>
> (Not that I expect that this is tied to what I've been trying
> to figure out about lack of installing into staging.)

I'm not sure why that change is needed, but I also suspect it is
needed for armv7 and was just missed.  Currently there isn't a
arm-gcc port for an external toolchain GCC for 32-bit arm anyway.

--
John Baldwin