Changing PHP default version from 5.6 to 7.2 timeframe?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Thu Apr 19 13:46:51 UTC 2018

It appears that there is some work going on to prepare to switch the default PHP version from 5.6 to an actively supported version.

What is the approximate timeframe for that change, if any?

Should I jump and change the default version for my installs? I'm running the usual suspects like WordPress, MediaWiki, phpMyAdmin.

Looking at the supported versions page, I would expect the change be made to 7.2.  Is that correct?

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Thanks,
Stefan

--