[HEADUP] FLAVORS landing.

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Wed Sep 27 00:43:23 UTC 2017

On 09/26/2017 16:56, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at  4:39:29 +1000, Andy Farkas wrote:
>> On 27/09/2017 04:22, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Please read the whole email.
>>
>> What are FLAVORS and why do I need it?
>>
>> Is there somewhere that explains the intent and purpose?
>
> Thank you!  Just the question I was going to ask.

FLAVORS allows a pkg repo to contain variations of the same port. For
example, a port that has two mutually exclusive options can now exist in
the public repo as both builds (each with their own FLAVOR suffix),
rather than requiring the port maintainer select a default and force
users of the other to compile the port themselves, or do things like
maintain subports.