[HEADUP] FLAVORS landing.

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 26 14:05:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

**Do not commit FLAVORS to any ports, a hook will prevent it, that being
said, do try it and test what can be done.**

To test this feature in poudriere, you need
poudriere-devel-3.1.99.20170621 or later.

This has been a long awaiting feature, most of the work has been done by
bapt, bdrewery and antoine, I am just the one actually doing the
announce and commit and all.

All this information, and more to come are in the first link to our wiki
in the bottom block. A roadmap is in the second link.

To define a different flavors in a port, before any include, set:

FLAVORS=  flavor1 flavor2 [...]

The first flavor in the list will be the default.

You can then check for flavors after includ'ing bsd.port.options.mk with:

.if ${FLAVOR} == flavor2
[change some stuff]
.endif

To build flavor2, simply run:

make FLAVOR=flavor2

To depend on a specific flavor, write @<flavor> at the end of the depend
string, for example, to depend on flavor "foo":

RUN_DEPENDS=    something:origin at foo

--
Mathieu Arnold