VLC/cmake failing to build

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Sat Sep 23 20:24:50 UTC 2017

On 09/23/17 15:46, Kurt Buff wrote:
> All,
>
> Upgraded from 10.3 to 11.0-RELEASE-p12
>
> Deleted all installed ports, and am trying to reinstall them with
> portmaster, building from source, with the following command line:
>      portmaster -d --no-confirm --no-term-title --delete-packages `cat
> /root/ports.txt`
>
> ports.txt has the following in it:
>      multimedia/vlc-qt4
>      net/wireshark
>      security/sudo
>      ports-mgmt/bsdadminscripts2
>      sysutils/coreutils
>      www/firefox
>      www/lynx
>      www/opera
>      x11-wm/xfce4
>      x11/xorg
>

> VLC is failing to build, with the following error:
>      ===>>> The dependency for devel/cmake
>             seems to be handled by cmake-modules-3.8.2
>
>      ===>>> The devel/cmake-modules port has been deleted: Deleted,
> merged into devel/cmake
>      ===>>> Aborting update
>      export: =$ devel_qt5_core multimedia_libva multimedia_libvdpau
> x11_toolkits_qt5_gui x11_toolkits_qt5_widgets x11_qt5_x11extras : bad
> variable name
>      export: =$ devel_qt5_core multimedia_libva multimedia_libvdpau
> x11_toolkits_qt5_gui x11_toolkits_qt5_widgets x11_qt5_x11extras : bad
> variable name
>      export: =$ devel_qt5_core multimedia_libva multimedia_libvdpau
> x11_toolkits_qt5_gui x11_toolkits_qt5_widgets x11_qt5_x11extras : bad
> variable name
>

> How do I fix this?
>
> Kurt
> [...]
/usr/ports/UPDATING:

20170914:
  AFFECTS: users of CMake & CMake Modules
  AUTHOR: adridg at FreeBSD.org

  The devel/cmake-modules port has been merged into devel/cmake.

  The benefit of being able to update the modules without the binary
  is outweighed by the issues caused by having the binary out-of-sync
  with the modules.

  Users should delete the devel/cmake-modules package and then
  upgrade or reinstall devel/cmake.

  All ports have been updated to depend only on CMake.

I.e., "pkg delete cmake-modules; portmaster <flags> devel/cmake"
-- George