FreshPorts API

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Sep 21 12:31:19 UTC 2017

FreshPorts contains more than just ports. It contains all commits to the FreeBSD repository.

This is all stored in a database. It can be queried. We just need an API.

The goal is to start gradually, based on the ideas started at https://duck.co/ideas/idea/936/grab-bsd-port-summary-from-freshports <https://duck.co/ideas/idea/936/grab-bsd-port-summary-from-freshports>
and later at https://github.com/FreshPorts/freshports/issues/4 <https://github.com/FreshPorts/freshports/issues/4>

I did start using https://github.com/marcj/php-rest-service <https://github.com/marcj/php-rest-service> (I didn't get to the
point of having methods invoked), I'm looking for others to help get this started.

The goal is a PHP-based API. Why? Existing PHP code for database access.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan at langille.org