FreeBSD Port: cacti-1.1.22

Chris Kiakas chris at tellme3times.com
Thu Sep 14 13:19:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

Good job on the notes for the cacti installation on FreeBSD.  I just have one point that may need to be clarified a bit since I spent some time searching for the problem.

I installed cacti on a system that doesn’t have many users so I copied the cron line in your notes (see below) into the system cron job. This resulted in no graphs being generated.

3. Add the following line to cron for cacti:
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/share/cacti/poller.php > /dev/null 2>&1

I would change this to;

3. Add the following line to cron as user cacti for cacti:

or

3. Add the following line to cron for cacti:
*/5 * * * * cacti /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/share/cacti/poller.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Just a minor point that may save some newbie some time.

Thank you once again for the great job with the port.

Chris