Openfire 4.1.6 compile failed

Doug Sampson dougs at dawnsign.com
Tue Oct 24 21:35:59 UTC 2017

> I can't reproduce it here. What are exactly the commands you're issuing
> to upgrade the port?
>
> I don't see where the .logs.CB0BLDkFGJLs symlink might be coming from.
>
> Does removing it manually help?

Hi,

Just returned today from one week vacation.

I used portmaster to perform the upgrade. Is that why it failed?

Since the port failed to update, I had to start over from scratch. Before doing a 'make install clean', I removed the symlink and the install failed. I found that I also needed to remove the logs directory before the installation would succeed.

Perhaps the update scripts needs to be modified to remove/rename symlinks to /var/log/openfire and/or logs directory as part of the update? I certainly did not create these symlinks. I assume since you are the port maintainer for this openfire port that you would test updates.

Let me know if you need additional documentation of the update process.

~Doug