WRKDIRPREFIX='' on command line stops to work?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 19 15:05:56 UTC 2017

 I have WRKDIRPREFIX=/usr/local/build/ports set in my /etc/make.conf
because my /usr/ports is not on FS which I want to torture with builds.
It worked for many years and works now.

 When I need to build port in ports tree in my home directory (for
example, when I test port update) I use

% make DISTDIR=/usr/home/lev/distfiles WRKDIRPREFIX=''

 And it worked until recently. Now I get:

% make DISTDIR=/usr/home/lev/distfiles WRKDIRPREFIX=''
make[1]: don't know how to make
/usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/sysutils/nut/work/.stage_done.nut._usr_local.
Stop

make[1]: stopped in /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/sysutils/nut
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/sysutils/nut
%

  What happens and what should I do?

--
// Lev Serebryakov