Porters Handbook section 4.4

Benjamin Kaduk bjk at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 11 22:57:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 06:40:20PM -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:

> Have nothing to add here, but this post peaked my interest about what
> your talking about.
>
> What is Phabricator?

Phabricator is a project/software for doing code review of all sorts.
The FreeBSD documentation tree contains a lot of XML file, which can
be treated as code and subjected to pre-commit review as well.

> What is its use in generating doc markup file for handbook changes?

It doesn't help with converting non-marked-up text to XML form, it's
just a convenient place to post a draft patch and be able to make
line-by-line comments on it that are archived in a useful way.

https://www.phacility.com/phabricator/ seems to be the upstream project's
home page.

-Ben