Status of portupgrade and portmaster?

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 2 18:02:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, the wise Don Lewis wrote:

> Yes it can.  If you use the svn method when creating a jail you can
> chose any arbitrary source branch from the svn repository and then you
> can specify any desired svn revision on that branch when you update the
> jail.  You would probably want to use this method when building ports
> for 12.0-CURRENT rather than creating the jail using a 12.0-CURRENT
> snapshot.

I'm running 11.1-STABLE now, upgrading every few months or when there is
an important security fix. Do I have to build a new system twice in that
case (once my running system and once the poudriere jail)?

--
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made
of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts