Status of portupgrade and portmaster?

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 10:25:43 UTC 2017

On Oct 02 12:05, Vlad K. wrote:
>On 2017-10-02 11:57, abi wrote:
>>2. Dependency chain is not updated - if I disable B feature on port A,
>>poudriere asks me for options of ports implementing B. I have to
>>Ctrl+C after any option change.
>

>I find that annoying as well, but.... isn't that just how the
>config-recursive ports framework target works? Poudriere is really
>using the ports make targets here.
>
>Do synth or portmaster do it differently?

Synths philosophy was that you should have the absolute bare minimum of
options set and John wrote a script to do just this in
/usr/ports/Tools/scripts/redundant-opt-files.sh to delete any which just
have defaults in them.

My method with poudriere is to maintain two files, pkglist which is the
list of ports that I want to bulk build, and optlist which is the list
of ports for which I don't want the default options. This one is a
hugely cut down list.

I then occasionally run poudriere options -n -j jailname -f optlist so
that it non-recursively only gives me a dialog for the ports with
non-default options.

--
Matt