can I get a 'mentor' who can guide me on the topic of python module ports?

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Tue Nov 28 21:02:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:56:45 -0800 <bsd-lists at BSDforge.com> said

> [...]
> > said

> > https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html

> > > well it may for you but for me it's all a learning curve where I need
> > > to discover the significance of every little thing.
> > Ahh, sure OK. Now I have a little better base line to work with.
> > I'll cobble up a starting point, and post it for you. :)
> > FYI my dev box is out of commission right now, so there'll be some testing
> > required on you're part. :)
> OK I'm dealing with network woes here. So I'm a little slow in responding.
> But... I've got a Makefile in the works. In the mean time, in case you've
> already got something started; here's the Build/Requires/Depends list:
>
> Requires
> --------
> python2-azure-sdk:
>    py-openssl
>    python(abi)
>    py-dateutil
>    py-requests
>    py-vcrpy
>
> python3-azure-sdk:
>    python(abi)
>    py3-dateutil
>    py3-openssl
>    py3-requests
>    py3-vcrpy
>
> Provides
> --------
> python2-azure-sdk:
>    python-azure
>    python-azure-common
>    python-azure-mgmt
>    python-azure-mgmt-common
>    python-azure-mgmt-compute
>    python-azure-mgmt-network
>    python-azure-mgmt-nspkg
>    python-azure-mgmt-resource
>    python-azure-mgmt-storage
>    python-azure-nspkg
>    python-azure-sdk
>    python-azure-servicebus
>    python-azure-servicemanagement-legacy
>    python2-azure
>    python2-azure-common
>    python2-azure-mgmt
>    python2-azure-mgmt-common
>    python2-azure-mgmt-compute
>    python2-azure-mgmt-network
>    python2-azure-mgmt-nspkg
>    python2-azure-mgmt-resource
>    python2-azure-mgmt-storage
>    python2-azure-nspkg
>    python2-azure-sdk
>    python2-azure-servicebus
>    python2-azure-servicemanagement-legacy
>
> python3-azure-sdk:
>    python3-azure
>    python3-azure-common
>    python3-azure-mgmt
>    python3-azure-mgmt-common
>    python3-azure-mgmt-compute
>    python3-azure-mgmt-network
>    python3-azure-mgmt-nspkg
>    python3-azure-mgmt-resource
>    python3-azure-mgmt-storage
>    python3-azure-nspkg
>    python3-azure-sdk
>    python3-azure-servicebus
>    python3-azure-servicemanagement-legacy
>
> I haven't prefaced them with the [port] appropriate categories. But this
> part completes most of the grunt work to create this port. :)

Alright. I *think* I've created a Makefile that you can (easily?) work with.
I commented it heavily, and should go a long way to get you where you're
going. If the mailing list doesn't strip it. You'll find it attached.

Good lick, and best wishes!

--Chris

P.S. Just give a howler if you have any ??? :)