can I get a 'mentor' who can guide me on the topic of python module ports?

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Tue Nov 28 06:29:13 UTC 2017

Hi!

> >> I have a requirement from $JOB to install some software (the python
> >> based Azure SDK actually) [...]
> > I suggest you put your initial version up somewhere and
> > then start ask questions here.
> >
> > It might be faster if many people submit hints than if
> > only one person gives you hints 8-}
> So far I don't know enough to put up anything.

Ok, then there are two steps for the start:

1) Where is the distfile ? Because the first step would be to
create a ports Makefile that downloads that distfile.

Is it this ?

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=253472&clcid=0x409

2) Then, one has to dig into

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html

to get to a initial Makefile.

For this step: Install ports-mgmt/porttools and use

port create

Extra homework: Think about a nice name 8-}

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !