Time for a firefox-56 port?

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 02:36:11 UTC 2017

On Nov 25, 2017 8:15 PM, "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog at freebsd.org> wrote:

It doesn't address the addon issue.  I expect that gradually the
addons will get updated to the new interfaces, so this is just a
temporary thing.

Oh, no, these addons are permanently dead, and your best hope is to find
alternatives, such as those made for Chrome.  The addons have been given 2
years to switch, and if that haven't happen, that's unlikely to happen
starting from today.  As you may know, some most famous ones have announced
death by their authors.  Given my information from Mozilla employees,
Mozilla has no motivation to make WebExtensions any more powerful to
support any addon that requires extra functionalities to port from XUL.  So
give it up, try Pale Moon.

--
Zhihao