Package database problems

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 19:04:39 UTC 2017

That's the problem. The package that installed that file is not installed.
Nor is the file in the location pkg complains about. Yet, it still
complains of a conflict and refuses to install the package I'm trying to
install.

For example, I tried to upgrade devel/oniguruma. It complained about a
conflict with oniguruma5, specifically /usr/local/bin/onig-config. That
file does not exist, nor is onigurum5 installed.

I wish there was a pkg command like rebuild-db that would iterate through
/var/db/pkg and create a valid local.sqlite file that registers the
packages currently existing on the server.

--On November 16, 2017 at 12:39:47 PM -0600 Adam Vande More
<amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> I'm having problems with my package database. It complains about a
> conflict with a file that doesn't exist.
>
> Is there a way to create a new local.sqlite file using the pkg command?
>

> 'pkg which /path/to/file' IIRC should reveal the registered package?
> Perhaps best to address it that way.

Paul Schmehl, Retired