FreeBSD Port: multimedia/mythtv

Austin C Phelps acp at sihf.net
Thu Nov 16 02:43:38 UTC 2017

I have been working for a couple of month and finally got MythTV 29 working in FreeBSD 11. So I been working toward update the ports to create a new package. I'm not fully understanding all the ins and outs of it creation. As long as I set up the environment before hand, I can compile and have a working system with only 2 patches needed. I also have mythweb working as well.

I have attached my working makefile. However to make this work you need to do this first (I'm doing this in a Jail):

pkg upgrade
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
pkg install ansible
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/ansible
cd ansible
ansible-playbook -i hosts.freebsd qt5.yml
pkg install libXinerama

Then you can compile and install MythTV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Austin