Annoying ThunderBird behaviour

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Nov 10 08:55:46 UTC 2017

Hello.

I'm a long time ThunderBird user and since some months I'm experiencing
a little annoying problem (on two different clients).

As you probably know, there are three menu items that can enlarge or
reduce the font of the displayed message:
View -> Zoom -> Zoom In   (Ctrl++)
View -> Zoom -> Zoom Out  (Ctrl+-)
View -> Zoom -> Reset     (Ctrl+0)

These are bound to the mentioned keyboard shortcuts.

Very often those shortcut will stop working (i.e. pressing Ctrl++ or
Ctrl-- or Ctrl-0 will do nothing).
It's enough to choose one of the above actions from the menu and the
keybinding will work again... for a while.

Anyone else has seen this?
Any idea how to solve?

I'm using XFCE in case it matters.

  bye & Thanks