opera browser crash and recovery

Jeffrey Bouquet jbtakk at iherebuywisely.com
Tue Mar 21 13:52:31 UTC 2017

About once a year, sometimes more often, sometimes less often, opera
browser thinks it is not installed, and wishes to reinstall, placing a plain-vanilla
version to where years of customization had comfortably attuned the
browser to my workflow due to still-newbie tunings I've backup up.

The following two files, for instance,
[install dir]/.opera/cache/toolbar/standardtoolbar.ini
[install dir]/.opera/cache/operaprefs.ini
Please double check those...

HOWEVER there may be a third or 4th..

Those two today restored a browser deletion of all the settings [ defaults to
no images, for  instance... ] I've crafted over the years.

So I was thinking maybe a pkg-message may be in order detailing the need
to backup one's files, and which ones, so others or even I may save time
and aggravation etc, should the crash [system, Xorg, etc] occur at n
inconvenient time.

Thanks

Jeff
ps.  Hurriedly crafted email.  Sorry if any typos.