bsd.sites.mk: Do we prefer http or https (or both)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat Mar 11 17:45:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017, Jan Beich wrote:
>> https first for people that run 'make makesum'.
> It was made MITM-friendly sometime ago.
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/324051

With that, isn't https pretty pointless?  I guess I'll leave
things as are, then, for that mirror that offers both.

Another question on "https first", Tijl.  Some MASTER_SITEs
have a dozen entries or more, and I always thought that the
infrastructure picks one of these randomly every time.  In
some tests I did today with two sites (one https, one http)
it _always_ picked the first, confirming your point.  Or is
that only the case for `make makesum`?

Gerald