Writing a port that simply installs a bunch of files

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Mar 6 15:02:12 UTC 2017

On 03/06/17 12:50, Michael Gmelin wrote:

> Yes, that's possible, see sysutils/bhyve-rc[0] for an example how to do it.

Thanks for your answer: an example is really welcome.

However, I might be dumb, but that does not fully cover what I was
looking for.

I see sysutils/bhyve-rc uses USE_RC_SUBR in order to install its only
file, but that's specific to rc.d scripts.
Suppose I want a mean to install generic files, should I use SUB_FILES?

The first problem I encounter, then, is with subdirectories.
Suppose I want to install /usr/local/a/b/c.txt, I would use
"SUB_FILES=a/b/c.txt" and provide files/a/b/c.txt.in.
However, I'll get:
> cannot create /usr/ports/misc/xxx/work/a/b/c.txt: No such file or directory

I've also tried "SUB_FILES=${WRKSRC}/a/b/c.txt", but then make will say:
> ** Missing /usr/ports/misc/xxx/files//usr/ports/misc/xxx/work/xxx-y/a/b/c.txt.in for xxx-y.

Am I missing something obvious?

  bye & Thanks
	av.