Writing a port that simply installs a bunch of files

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Mar 6 11:25:46 UTC 2017

Hello.

I'm trying to create a small ports for internal use.
The simplest of these should just place a bunch of files into
${LOCALBASE}, so I thought I could create a tar archive containing those
files, with the correct permissions, let "extract" do its work, then
have the following:

> do-install:
> 	(cd ${WRKSRC} && ${CP} -pR . ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX})

Alas the "extract-fixup-modes" target will ruins all this.

Is there a way to achieve what I'm trying to achieve?

Better yet, could I just somehow place my content under "files" and do
without a distfile?

  bye & Thanks
	av.