Upgrade PHP to 7.0

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Sun Jun 4 20:32:27 UTC 2017

--On June 4, 2017 at 11:20:20 PM +0300 abi <abi at abinet.ru> wrote:

> On 04.06.2017 21:42, scratch65535 at att.net wrote:
> As OP problem was solved, it's time to hijack the thread a little :) I'm
> considering to migrate as well, what is recommended path for upgrade ?
> Uninstall all php56 ports or replace them (I believe, -o key in
> portmaster).

Here's what I did.
portmaster -o lang/php71 lang/php56

That upgrades php. Then I removed all the php56-extensions:

pkg-delete php56-\* mod_php56 php56-extensions

And then installed the php71-extensions.

cd /usr/ports/lang/php71-extensions
make config
make install clean

Make sure you make a list of all the installed php56-extensions so you can
select the same ones in php71-extensions.

Paul Schmehl, Retired