The future of portmaster [and of ports-mgmt/synth]

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 2 14:29:45 UTC 2017

 écrivait :

> Just as a short note: there is a complete rewrite of portmaster ongoing.
> Since its a beast and everything else is very hard there is no public
> evidence in case of failure. ;) Until now.

I've been using portupgrade and then portmaster for a long time. I can
understand the need for such tools when you have to build ports with
non-default options.

But I have a naive question: if pkg supports flavours, and binary
packages are built for your sets of options, is portmaster still
relevant?
--
Th. Thomas.