Configuring options/knobs without `make config`

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Jul 31 20:06:33 UTC 2017

On 1 August 2017 at 07:50, Morse, Richard E.,MGH
<REMORSE at mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi! I used to use portconf on the machine this is going to be replacing, but it seemed like there were changes to the way the port system worked between 8.4 and 11, and I couldn’t find anything that documented how to properly set up portconf for the new “options” stuff, in place of the old “WITH/WITHOUT” stuff. Can you recommend somewhere I can find that out?

Here's a quick run down on the change:
  https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/52871/

The portconf features have been baked into the ports system, and you
can set/unset options within /etc/make.conf, eg:

graphics_atril_SET=            DVI T1LIB
mail_thunderbird_UNSET= PULSEAUDIO

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>