undefined reference to `kevent at FBSD_1.5'

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 6 10:48:43 UTC 2017

On 2017/07/06 11:22, Otacílio wrote:
> After a recent partial ports update in FreeBSD 12 r318838 AMD64 I'm
> getting some errors when rebuilding ports with this message:
>
>  undefined reference to `kevent at FBSD_1.5'
>
> Can anyone give a tip on what is causing this?

This is a versioned symbol from libc -- your ports were presumably
compiled against a more recent version of libc where a new version of
the symbol has been introduced, which isn't present in the libc you have
installed.

Updating to a more recent version of FreeBSD 12 should cure the problem.

	Cheers,

	Matthew