net/boinc-client: make LINUX option a default or Slave port?

Manfred Antar manfredantar at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 22:31:37 UTC 2017

> On Jan 17, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler at FreeBSD.org <mailto:ler at FreeBSD.org>> wrote:

> With the imminent demise of astro/boinc-setiathome-v7, I'm wondering if
> the
> community would object to net/boinc-client having its LINUX set as a
> default for the package.   Or a slave port with that option set.
>
> I'm planning on taking MAINTAINER of net/boinc-client but would like
> input
> on the above.
>
> Thanks!

I’ve been running a freebsd compiled seti version 8 here for months.
I think someone needs to update the port.

i put the precomiled binaries on my website at :

www.pozo.com/seti <http://www.pozo.com/seti>

this is for current amd64

seti-pkg.tar.bz2     —  precompiled

setiathome.tar.bz  — the source trees for boinc and seti current  — I will update this in about 20 minutes so wait a bit before downloading

I’ve been using this since last summer and works fine. a linux port would be nice but