unable to reproduce previous pkg builds

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 4 21:21:16 UTC 2017

d'gay all.

I've been stuggling for  a few days trying to get a pkg of
sysutils/tracker (1.6+) that I can apply to a 10.3 system.

The version in the 10.3 pkg collection is 1.4 but the version in head
at exactly the same time is 1.6.1.

Most of the packages on our machine are generated from the head branch
at rev 411747 which is where the head was when 10.3 was released.

Luckily this revision number also gives me the version I need. It
could also be taken from the 2016Q2 branch, but neither of those two
compile.

Or rather they never get to compile because poudriere trips up over
other failures earlier.

I have to presume that thes pkgs were actually compiled in hte past
(in fact I KNOW some were becausewe wer eable to install one earlier
in testing.

My qustion is "if we are compiling on a standard 10,3 system under
poedriere using head checked out (manually) to 4117474, or  with
-Bbranches/2016Q2
  Am I right in expecting that as these probably compiled at the time,
one should expect them to compile now.

the eventual command run is

sudo poudriere bulk -j freebsd_10-3x64 -p svn2016Q2  -f
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/port-list

or
sudo poudriere bulk -j freebsd_10-3x64 -p head-411747  -f
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/port-list

where svn2016Q2 is controlled entirely by poudrier and head-411747 is
checked out (from svn) manually at 411747

_*[00:10:47] ====>> [01][00:00:24] Finished build of
misc/shared-mime-info: Failed: build*_

_*[00:13:11] ====>> [01][00:00:14] Finished build of textproc/gtk-doc:
Failed: build*_

_*[00:13:49] ====>> [02][00:00:08] Finished build of devel/xdg-utils:
Failed: build
*_

_*
*_Is there someone more familiar with poudriere and ports who can
duplicate the failure and let me know if it is pilot error?

these must have compiled some time...

the surprising thing for me is that tracker, a package I had never
heard of until recently forces a compile of 230 other packages!

(hense the likelihood that one will fail).

I also have tried head at 425747.. same issue.

I must be doing something wrong...