libwraster

Jan Beich jbeich at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 1 19:51:28 UTC 2017

Hiroki Sato <hrs at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>  I did not able to reproduce it even if ImageMagick was built with the
>  OpenMP option.  I guess your environment has another issue which
>  pulls -lomp into the build process.

Clang >= 3.7 no longer ignores -fopenmp which now requires libomp.so
from devel/openmp (for base compiler) or devel/llvm* built with OPENMP=on.

For example:
  1. Use FreeBSD >= 11.0
  2. Install graphics/ImageMagick with OPENMP=on
  3. Deinstall devel/openmp (just in case)
  4. Build the port with default compiler

The obvious fix is teach ImageMagick to not pollute namespace as nothing
in its public API uses #pragma omp or omp_ symbols.