devel/libevent shopstopper

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:54:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de>
wrote:

> On 2017-02-20, Jim Ohlstein <jim at ohlste.in> wrote:
>
> > Yup, it's a big one. That's why there's an entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING:
> >
> > 20170220:
> >    AFFECTS: devel/libevent2
> >    AUTHOR: jbeich at FreeBSD.org
> >
> >    libevent2 has been renamed back to libevent as the default version.
> >    If you manage out of tree ports make sure to run the following:
> >
> >      # pkg set -n libevent2:libevent
> >      # pkg set -o devel/libevent2:devel/libevent
>
> The "If you manage out of tree ports" part is very confusing.
> Either it is plain wrong or I don't understand what it means.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de

I have no idea what it means exactly, but, as far as I know, I do no such
thing. I use pkg to keep ports up to date and since this changes I get a
report that libevent2-2.1.8 is orphaned from portversion. After a couple of
days of this, I want ahead and did the package rename and origin commands
in UPDATING and the orphan warning is gone. I'm not sure that there is an
issue.

It may have been totally cosmetic and disappeared of its own accord at some
point, but I am at least curious.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com