Problem with index

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 20 12:30:05 UTC 2017

On 2017/02/20 11:36, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> I just updated my ports tree using "portsnap". I then ran the following
> command:
>
> /usr/sbin/pkg version -vL=
>
> This resulted in the following message:
>
> postfix-current-3.2.20170129,4     >   succeeds index (index has 3.2.0.r1,4)
>
> This does not seem correct. What is happening and how do I correct it?

Your index file is out of date -- portsnap doesn't updated it because it
changes too fast to be suitable for keeping in SVN.

You need to

  # make fetchindex

from /usr/ports to download a pre-built index.  Or build your own, by
'make index'.  Or tell 'pkg version' to compare versions directly with
what's in your ports tree by 'pkg version -vP=' (but this will be quite
a bit slower).

	Cheers,

	Matthew