devel/check

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Sun Feb 12 07:06:55 UTC 2017

On 12/02/2017 16:43, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> First, the pkg(8) page should explicitly state that there are man pages for
> each pkg command.

Yes. Were this the case, this thread wouldn't have existed.

> Since this is NOT a typical FreeBSD practice, it is a
> POLA violation to not make it clear.

I've been POLA'd a few times with FreeBSD over the last couple decades...
I'm used to it now :)

> Second, the '-f' option does delete libcheck. Does installing devel/check
> cleanly fix up unresolved dependencies? If not, use of -o is the right
> answer. I'll admit that I m not sure.

I'm not sure either. I did 'pkg delete -f libcheck' and then 'portmaster -a'
again - devel/check installed, whereas before it would not. I was happy.

But now 'portmaster -a' fails in multimedia/mplayer2 :( :(

...something about "/usr/local/lib/libcdio_cdda.so: undefined reference to
'mmc_get_hwinfo at CDIO_16'"...

-andyf