Seamonkey update

Jeffrey Bouquet jbtakk at iherebuywisely.com
Wed Feb 8 22:00:45 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:05:51 -0500, roberthuff at rcn.com wrote:

> Jeffrey Bouquet writes:
>
> >  pkg today updated seamonkey, now it segfaults,
> >  every which way I try to run it.
>
> 	I am running SeaMonkey 2.46_5 (compiled today) under:
>
> 	FreeBSD 11.0-RC2 #0 r304729: Wed Aug 24 06:59:03 UTC 2016 amd64
>
> 	.
> 	So far, indistinguishable from _4.
>

> 			Respectfully,
>

> 				Robert Huff

About to reinstall the 2004-2017 disk, when a forum tar -C of base.txz etc
fixed the pkg v11 > v12 issue, which caused _4 to reinstall from pkg.
Built from ports. _5 on i386 segfaults.
GENERIC was missing axe0 and ums0 in my kernel which I reverted (the kernel)
So aside from a wholesale from-backup of configuration files (the MANIFEST
in /usr/lib/freebsd-dist did not contain the 'motd' etc which it overwrote with
new, unfortunately... two concerns remain.
Building from ports again works, seamonkey _5 segfaults. I restored _4 from pkg. (v12)
pf is nowhere to be found.  Even if in the directory where I kldload pf.ko, I receive
a 'no such file' message from kldload.
As it was not my primary firewall, it is not a huge problem, but I would like to
know if something has changed in CURRENT.
As another aside, I could maybe 'jail' _4 seamonkey for a number of years so
that it is effecively 'pkg lock seamonkey' without chance for error.  But maybe
that is a pipe dream...
Apologies to the lists for recent messages needed newbie help which I got elsewhere
but may still have questions unanswered, besides the one above and
the seamonkey i386 _4 _5 breakage I assume to happen someday.
Thanks for reading.  Very relieved at the moment.

J. Bouquet