devel/libcheck

Don Zavitz don at zavitz.ca
Sun Feb 5 20:57:15 UTC 2017

I just went to update my ports today on a machine, and there was a
conflict between devel/check and devel/libcheck.

===>>> All >> devel/check (6/7)

===>  Installing for check-0.10.0
===>  Checking if check already installed
===>   Registering installation for check-0.10.0 as automatic
Installing check-0.10.0...
pkg-static: check-0.10.0 conflicts with libcheck-0.10.0 (installs files
into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/checkmk
*** Error code 70

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/check

===>>> Installation of check-0.10.0 (devel/check) failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/check failed
===>>> Aborting update

Ok, so I checked with portsmon and freshports, both said libcheck-0.10.0
was a deleted port, and no mention of this in /usr/ports/UPDATING

Just want to know what pulled this package in and is it safe to delete it?